Media statement from CBC
24 June 2016
The situation in UPNG and UNITECH is going from bad to worse. There is more destruction of properties and violence among students.
- The CBC is against any form of violence. We appeal to the students not to cause any more destruction of properties.
- The students who want to attend classes should be allowed by other fellow students. There should be no intimidation from other students. Their academic year is at stake.
- Students, you have made your points clear by your protests. Now on behalf of the people of PNG CBC appeals to you to go back to your classes.
- CBC also appeals to the Parliamentarians to return to the parliament and solve this issue.
- We were supposed to have the reconciliation ceremony today at 10 am. But it was spoilt by some disgruntled students and some outsiders. Let us work towards a reconciliation between the Administration of UPNG and the Student body of UPNG and the Uniforce. CBC is ready to facilitate this reconciliation if the parties want it.
- CBC calls on all people of PNG TO PRAY AND TO PRAY for peace to prevail
Catholic Bishops Conference